Reliable flow measurement for hot and dust laden gases - single channel solution
The McON IR flow measurement system is a single channel solution which works according a patented correlation principle. The system measures the time of flight of unique signal patterns created by particles contained in the gas. Because the principle is time based it is accurate and drift free over the entire lifetime.
Advantages & Benefits
- Unique measurement system for high temperature applications.
- McON IR measures the air velocity directly and is calibration free.
- The measurement principle is digital, reliable and absolutely drift free.
- Direct gas-flow-measurement at the process outlet of EAF, BOF and lignite furnaces without additional flow by water quenchers.
- IR sensors are non intrusive and have no wear, long operation intervals without cleaning.
- Enables mass and energy balance to optimize energy intensive processes.
- Enables mass and energy balance for mill state controllers.
- Reliable control and optimization of dedusting sites results in direct savings of fan power.
- Gas flow measurement directly after the 4th hole.
- Measurement of chemical composition CO2, CO, CH4, H2O.
- Measurement of gas temperature.
- Optimisation of electrode and refractory wear, efficiency and opertation cycles.